A honeymoon experience designed for those who prefer to celebrate life’s milestones on the road less travelled! This 10-night romance package strikes the perfect balance between adventure and indulgence. Starting with four nights at GAÏA Riverlodge, you’ll take in the mountains and experience the jungle in a variety of ways.
Our team will personally greet you at Belize City International Airport and provide ground transportation to the lodge. Upon arrival, check into your Mountain View Cabana and its scenic vistas of the nearby mountains. During your stay, you’ll venture out to explore the wild side of Belize: Take a day trip to the majestic ruins at Caracol, the largest Maya site in Belize, in the Chiquibul Forest, with stops at Rio Frio Cave and the Rio On pools. Reserve another day for your your choice of canoeing through the ancient Barton Creek Cave and ziplining through the jungle or on learning all about ancient Maya traditions on our cultural tour.
GAÏA RIVERLODGE PORTION
- Personal welcome at Belize City International airport with ground transportation to the lodge
- Four nights at GAÏA Riverlodge in one of our Mountain View Cabanas with king bed
- Welcome rum punch
- Chilled champagne and local flowers waiting in your room
- Daily breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Day trip to Caracol Maya site with stops at Rio Frio Cave and the Rio On pools
- Barton Creek Cave tour with zip-lining or Maya culture day tour
- Ground transportation to Belize City International Airport; flight from Belize City to San Pedro
- Personal welcome at San Pedro airstrip with boat transfer to Matachica
- Six nights at Matachica Resort in one of our Seaview Beach Casitas with king bed
- Romance arrival package including local chocolate truffles, a bottle of Veuve Cliquot and a floral arrangement
- Daily breakfast, lunch and three-course dinner
- One private pier dinner with your own personal server
- Snorkel excursion to Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley Marine Reserves
- Private Beach BBQ Day Tour
- One ninety minute couples deep tissue massage at Jade Spa
- Flight from San Pedro to Belize City International Airport
After your stay in the jungle, you’ll head to the sea for four nights in one of our Seabreeze Beach Casitas at Matachica. Your time there will be spent relaxing on the beach, experiencing the diverse marine life of the barrier reef and enjoying the intimate, secluded ambiance of this special resort.
Tropical cocktails upon arrival will perfectly prime you for relaxing on our sandy shores. During your stay at Matachica, you’ll embark on a snorkel excursion to Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley Marine Reserves where you’ll observe gorgeous marine life, nurse sharks and stingrays. Take advantage of our on-site kayaks, paddle boards, bicycles and snorkel gear and unwind at our Jade Spa with a one-hour aromatherapy massage—an ideal way to conclude your Belizean adventure.
High Season (January 7th – April 30th)
Low Season (May 1st – December 18th)
Deposit and Cancellation Policy
Temporary Pandemic Deposit Policy (stays through January 31st, 2022)
To confirm your reservation, we require a 10% deposit of your stay at Matachica and the balance is due 48 hours prior to arrival.
Temporary Pandemic Cancellation Policy (stays through January 31st, 2022)
May be made more than 48 hours prior to arrival with a full refund of the deposit less a 10% administration fee.
Within 48 hours of arrival, there is no refund, but payment will be counted in full toward a rescheduled stay within 12 months of the original stay dates.
No refund or credit for no-shows.
Deposits (stays from February 1st, 2022 - Dec. 18th, 2022)
To confirm your reservation, we require a 10% deposit of your stay at Matachica and the balance is due two weeks prior to arrival.
Cancellations (stays from February 1st, 2022 - Dec. 18th, 2022)
May be made more than 14 days prior to arrival with a full refund of the deposit less a 10% administration fee.
Within 14 days of arrival, there is no refund.
No refund or credit for no-shows.
Please keep in mind that Matachica is a mature environment with a minimum age requirement of 16 years.
All rates are for one or two guests sharing the room.
There are no refunds for unused package items.